INNOVATION & LEADERSHIP GRANTS
Foundations in Education, through its Innovation and Leadership Grants Program, promotes excellence in the Diocese of Bridgeport Catholic Schools by providing educators with grant opportunities that fund innovation in classroom teaching and provide support for professional development and leadership formation.
The Innovation Grants Program promotes innovation in Catholic school education by supporting a teacher’s creative project or initiative for the classroom or school. Grants through this program are intended for innovative projects or initiatives that benefit multiple grade levels, and have a long-term impact on student learning.
Grant Application Cycle: September 15 – October 31, 2019
Grant Implementation Cycle: July 2020 – June 2021
Click here for more information.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
2020 INNOVATION AND LEADERSHIP GRANT AWARDS
- All Saints School, Norwalk: Entrusting Teachers with the Tools to Create Learning Centers by Lauren Hurd $1,000
- Assumption Catholic School, Fairfield: Acoustic Relief by Debra Shea $3,500 and Fine Motor Strengthening Activities by Megan O’Rourke Agee $750
- Cardinal Kung Academy: A Seat at the Table by Alexandra Kimball $11,500
- Catholic Academy of Bridgeport-St. Augustine Academy: Shaping Future STEM Leaders by Peaches Bernard, Sara Gardner, and Sister Lisa Florio $14,610
- Greenwich Catholic School: Get On Your Feet, Pre-K Moves to the Beat! by Nicole Welge and Maria Fata $1,850
- Holy Trinity Catholic Academy, Shelton: Sensory Path Project by Sheila Krawitz $2,000 and Video Production in the Classroom by Laura Loso $3,085
- Immaculate High School, Danbury: 3D Printer by Jeanine Antonios $3,000 and Innovative Pop Up Art Program by Leslie Quinn $5,700
- Kolbe Cathedral High School, Bridgeport: Empowering Learners: Creating and Interpreting Media Messages in an Era of Fake News by Shelley Stedman $13,335
- Notre Dame High School, Fairfield: Notre Dame Art Production and Community Beautification Art Club by Jennifer Strausser $5,000
- Office of the Superintendent of Schools: Next Generation Catholic Science Education for High Schools $10,500
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Academy, Wilton: Sewing for Good by Rose Highland $700
- St. Gregory the Great School, Danbury: Putting on a Podcast by Suzanne Curra $1,500
- St. James School, Stratford: Learning Center Support Lab by Megan Flood Merwin $5,000 and Success with Smart Televisions by Mary Merly $2,800
- St. Joseph High School, Trumbull: Aviation and Flight Science by Mattias Mirabile $7,000, ImmerseMe Language Project by Jaqueline Carvalho-Sullivan $4,000, Math in Motion by Robin Berry $3,540, and Put the A into STEAM Education by Kathleen Cardillo, Cindy Richter, and Matthew Kavulich $10,000
- St. Joseph School, Danbury: Engaging Through Code by David Bongiorno $2,000
- St. Mark School, Stratford: Educating the Whole Child by Melissa Warner $9,632
- St. Mary School, Ridgefield: Lego/STEAM by Joanne Seavy $7,500 and Sit or Stand: Flexible Seating Affects Student Achievement and Engagement by Jennifer Kasinskas $5,500
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School, Fairfield: School-Based Video Program by Paul Piorek and Celeste Davis $2,500
Click here for photos from 2020 Grant Reception at Discovery Museum in Bridgeport.
Grant Reports from our 1st Cohort of Awards are in!
A sample of the 2018-2019 grant projects are listed below:
- All Saints Catholic School: Makerspace
- Greenwich Catholic School: Mobile Innovation Maker Cart
- Holy Trinity Catholic Academy: Generation Beyond Stem
- Immaculate High School: Distance Learning
- Immaculate High School: Leading Edge in Graphic Design
- Notre Dame High School: Community Building with 3D Technology
- Notre Dame High School: Performing Arts
- Office of the Superintendent: Partners in Mission
- St. Catherine of Siena School: Google Expeditions
- St. Gregory the Great School: Level Up Village
- St. Mark School: Makerspace
- St. Mary School, Bethel: Creative Connections
- St. Rose of Lima School: Good News TV Studio
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School: Little Bits
- Trinity Catholic High School: Learning Academy