Thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor, Foundations in Education is privileged to announce the COVID-19 Emergency Tuition Assistance Fund for elementary school families suffering from the negative economic impact of COVID-19. Economic suffering includes loss of job, loss of income, COVID related medical costs, or other unanticipated hardship resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who can apply for tuition assistance?
All families who have a registered child or children (in Grades K-8) or are new registrants in a Diocesan-sponsored Catholic elementary school in Fairfield County for the 2020-2021 school year who have experienced financial hardship resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Can I apply if I already applied for Bishop’s Scholarship Fund tuition assistance?
Yes, if you applied for Bishop’s Scholarship Fund assistance and have since been adversely impacted by COVID-19, you may apply for COVID-19 Emergency Tuition Assistance.
How to apply?
- Contact school and request a COVID-19 Emergency Tuition Assistance Application. Eligible families make a request for assistance to their Principal, or his/her designee. The school will then make an appeal to Foundations in Education on the family’s behalf.
- Complete the FACTS Grant & Aid Application at FACTSmgt.com/aid and answer all questions applicable to the COVID-19 Emergency Tuition Assistance. The tax documentation requirement will be waived for applicants to COVID-19 Emergency Tuition Assistance. However, you may be required to verify employment status, change in income status or demonstrated impact attributed to the pandemic.
New 2020-2021 FACTS Grant & Aid Applicants
FACTS requires a non-refundable $30.00 application processing fee payable by credit card or bank information.
Returning 2020-2021 FACTS Grant & Aid Applicants
Please take the following steps to edit your application:
- Please log into your account at FACTSmgt.com/aid
- Click on the green Continue FACTS Application button and then the green View Form button at bottom of page
- Click on the Change of Income section in the application and complete all questions applicable to COVID-19 Emergency Tuition Assistance.
What is the deadline?
Applications to the COVID-19 Emergency Tuition Assistance Fund will be accepted until funds are no longer available.
How is tuition assistance awarded?
A committee will consider each request under a hardship designation and award tuition assistance based on:
- program eligibility
- financial need
- confirmation of school registration
- timing of completed application submission by the school to the committee as program is limited to funds available
When will I be notified of a decision?
Award notifications will be emailed bi-weekly, beginning July 31, 2020, as funding permits. Awardees will be given one week to accept the award online by the designated deadline. Credit to tuition accounts will be made once registration and enrollment is complete and verified.
For any questions, please contact Theresa Sciallo at (203) 767-3599 or email@example.com